At Shimmerteen, we’ve had our share of breakups, awkward gyno visits, late night study sessions, first times, and embarrassing moments. We’ve seen some friendships last and others crumble. We’ve run our first 5ks, and watched Real Housewives marathons. We’re living some of our dreams and still working on others. We’ve used bike rides and ice cream to fight off the blues. We eat veggies for energy and for glowing skin.
We’ve learned a few things along the way, but it wasn’t always easy. Asking parents questions about periods and sex is awkward and sometimes forbidden. Getting to doctors can be inconvenient.
As you click around the site, you’ll see that we’ve rounded up the info, tips, and tricks that help us feel the best, look our best, and live the lives we want. We hope ShimmerTeen makes your life a little easier and a little more fun.
Check back often for new articles and interviews. We’ve got you covered!
- Nutritious diets, workouts, sleep, supportive relationships, and education are the building blocks of health and happiness.
- Lasting self-confidence comes from within us.
- The positive people we surround ourselves with – accepting friends, supportive partners, knowledgeable health professionals, helpful mentors, caring parents, inspiring role models – help us discover our true selves.
- What’s good for the environment is good for us.
- We can get excited about pop culture and fashion, and be grounded at the same time.
- Filmmakers, TV producers, magazine editors, and advertisers have a job to do, but they can do it without sexualizing us, objectifying us, and undermining our wellbeing.
- We as individuals have the power to determine media’s influence over us.
- You have to be 13 to sign up.
- If you have an urgent medical emergency or concern, go to your nearest hospital or emergency room.
- If you are looking for info on a health or wellness topic we don’t seem to cover, let us know and check our resources page for other sites that might be able to help.
- Differing perspectives are welcome, but comments that come across in any way as judgmental, rude, or unkind will not be approved.